Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I think the base of this recipe comes from Waffle House, but I've adjusted it for a large batch and tweaked it a bit - it's amazing and we all love it.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup dry buttermilk
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl.
- Heat up waffle iron.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs, add water - use hand mixer.
- Add to dry ingredients - mix on low until fully mixed.
- Add in butter and mix until incorporated.
- Sprinkle the waffle iron with 2 T. of chopped pecans and pour almost 1 cup of batter on pre-heated, non-stick waffle iron.
- I have used the Black & Decker square waffle iron and the Proctor Silex belgium waffle maker and both work wonderfully - waffles are crispy on the outside and fluffy inside.