Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I think the base of this recipe comes from Waffle House, but I've adjusted it for a large batch and tweaked it a bit - it's amazing and we all love it.
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl.
- Heat up waffle iron.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs, add water - use hand mixer.
- Add to dry ingredients - mix on low until fully mixed.
- Add in butter and mix until incorporated.
- Sprinkle the waffle iron with 2 T. of chopped pecans and pour almost 1 cup of batter on pre-heated, non-stick waffle iron.
- I have used the Black & Decker square waffle iron and the Proctor Silex belgium waffle maker and both work wonderfully - waffles are crispy on the outside and fluffy inside.