Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from a recipe from Huey's website. Huey (Iain Hewitson) is an Australian chef who hosts a popular TV cooking show each weekday. This recipe serves 4-8 as a starter or a snack.
- 2 lamb backstraps, trimmed of all fat & sinew
- 4 teaspoons sun-dried tomato tapenade
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Place a backstrap in the centre of each pastry sheet, smear the top with tapenade, sprinkle with the minced garlic and the rosemary and wrap it up; then crimp the edges with a fork and place the roll, seam side down, on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Beat together the egg and milk and generously brush the rolls; then cook them in oven for about 15 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Slice each roll into 4 and serve with your favourite sauce or relish on the side.
This reminds me of Mom's She used to make something close to this. Thank you for sharing, it is a keeper for sure!
This was ever so good! Really quick and easy to prepare and using a whole strip of lamb made it 10 times better than a traditional sausage roll using mince / ground meat. I found 20 minutes cooking time was spot on and allowed it to rest 10 minutes or so before serving along with some sweet chili sauce.