Huey's Caribbean Jerk Burgers
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a large pan and gently saute onion until softish. Then remove onion and wipe out the pan.
- To make the Jerk sauce, mix together green onions, 2 teaspoons sambel, soy, tomato ketchup, sugar, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, allspice, ground coriander and garlic in a food processor. Then taste for seasoning and transfer to a bowl.
- Place pork mince and sausage meat in another bowl and mix together with some of the Jerk mixture, 1 teaspoons sambel and salt and pepper.
- Form the mixture into patties and panfry in a thin layer of hot vegetable oil. Then drain on kitchen paper towels.
- To make the mayonnaise, mix together mayonnaise, 2 heaped teaspoons sambel and sweet chilli sauce. Set aside.
- Gently toss the salad leaves with balsamic and olive oil to taste.
- To serve, smear the mayonnaise on the base of burger buns and top with sliced tomato, a mound of dressed lettuce, onions, 1 or 2 burgers patties, Jerk sauce and then the bun lids.