Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
The basis of this recipe came out of a Nitty Gritty productions'cookbook titled "The Mexian Cookbook". This cookbook contains many recipes from rural parts of Mexico. This is one of those aromatic recipes that will get your family out of bed Saturday morning.
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, minced
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 4 corn tortillas (Using steak knife-cut up into 1" squares)
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 8 eggs, beaten by hand
- 1⁄4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in skillet& saute onion until it is soft.
- Add tortilla squares and chile powder.
- Stir well so that the tortillas get coated well by the chili powder.
- Keep cooking the tortillas until they are browned.
- It will look like a lot of chile powder, but don't worry!
- Add eggs, green chiles, salt,pepper& scramble well.
- When eggs are cooked through, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
- There are many ways you can change up this dish, such as sprinkling with cilantro when adding parmesan at the very end.
- It is also great when served along side of guacamole and sour cream.
Thank you for posting this recipe, Cookin Kit! It's delicious! I wrapped it in a homemade tortilla (Pipin' Hot Bakery Whole Wheat Tortillas) and took it to work. Usually, I skip breakfast, but I looked forward to this one!!
Cookin Kit, these sound delicious. The green chiles ingredient is missing, though.