Cookin Kit's Note:
The basis of this recipe came out of a Nitty Gritty productions'cookbook titled "The Mexian Cookbook". This cookbook contains many recipes from rural parts of Mexico. This is one of those aromatic recipes that will get your family out of bed Saturday morning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in skillet& saute onion until it is soft.
- 2Add tortilla squares and chile powder.
- 3Stir well so that the tortillas get coated well by the chili powder.
- 4Keep cooking the tortillas until they are browned.
- 5It will look like a lot of chile powder, but don't worry!
- 6Add eggs, green chiles, salt,pepper& scramble well.
- 7When eggs are cooked through, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 8Serve and enjoy!
- 9There are many ways you can change up this dish, such as sprinkling with cilantro when adding parmesan at the very end.
- 10It is also great when served along side of guacamole and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Huevos Y Chilaquiles / Eggs With Tortillas
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.9
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 469.1 mg
- Sodium 1016.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 17.7 g