Recipe by Chef Kate
A Tex-Mex and really easy version of eggs benedict from the WindDancers B & B.
Top Review by Teddy's Mommy
OH WOW! Yummy! I may make this again tomorrow morning it's so good. I used "simply potatoes hash browns they're basically fresh grated potatoes with some of the moisture removed. I also stink at poaching eggs... so I fried them over easy. Not as healthy but quite tasty. Then I sprinkled sharp cheddar and fresh diced jalapenos on top and served it with black refried beans. A definite winner!!
- 4 cups grated potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices ham (thin slices)
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons salsa, warm
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese or 2 tablespoons monterey jack cheese or 2 tablespoons queso blanco
Directions See How It's Made
- Form grated potatoes into four pancakes and saute in olive oil till nicely browned.
- Drain on paper towel covered rack and keep warm.
- Poach eggs (if preparing eggs in advance, hold poached eggs in cold water till ready to serve; immerse in simmering water till warmed).
- Assemble, bottom to top, potato pancake, ham slice, tomato slice, poached egg, warm salsa, ending with a sprinkling of the grated cheese.