Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I came up with this when I was dying for Huevos Rancheros from my favorite restaurant.
- 1 egg
- 2 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 2 tablespoons black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tablespoon 2% cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1⁄2 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- Warm tortillas in a nonstick pan sprayed lightly with cooking spray, for about a minute on each side.
- Set tortillas on a piece of foil on a baking sheet.
- Fry one egg in the nonstick pan, until firm but not all the way.
- Put the egg on the tortillas, add the black beans and cheese and toast under broiler until cheese is melted and egg is done. Don't overcook the egg - you want it runny.
- Add salsa and sourcream.
This is really good. I never thought of making this with black beans. I love black beans. I used flour tortillas instead of corn. This is so easy to make and with ingredients I always have on hand. I put the salsa on the beans, before broiling it. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Pick-A-Chef (PAC)Fall "08