Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Made in ramekins, this is easy to take to work for lunch or breakfast
For Black Bean Puree
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- sour cream
- For black bean puree: combine all ingredients in bowl of food processor and blend until smooth.
- Stack tortillas on cutting board. Using the bottom of your ramekin as s guide, cut 8 circles out of the tortillas.
- Spread black bean puree evenly on 1 side of each tortilla round.
- Place 1 round, bean side up in each ramekin.
- Crack 2 eggs into each ramekin then add 1/4 cup of salsa and 1 tablespoon each of the cheddar and pepper jack cheeses.
- Cover with another tortilla round, bean side down.
- Brush tops of each tortilla with butter and bake for 35 minutes (place ramekins on cookie sheet to avoid overflow).
- During the last 10 minutes of cooking, top ramekins with remaining cheese
- Serve with sour cream and more salsa.