5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. These yummy layered potato waffles and cheesy mexican eggs grab your tastebuds with your very first bite. They burst with a 'flavorful fiesta' in your mouth. This hearty meal is delicious and addictive and will be requested often by your family and friends!
- Heat up a nonstick waffle iron and season according to manufacturers directions.
- In a medium bowl put potatoes, 1/3 cup of the salsa and 2 beaten eggs. Mix all together until well blended. Spoon mixture into hot waffle iron spreading evenly to edges. Put lid down and cook 15 to 20 minutes or more until potato waffles are brown, done and look crispy.
- In a medium bowl beat remaining 6 eggs. Add 1/3 cup of salsa and mix until well blended.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium heat. Pour egg mixture into hot skillet and with a spatula mix and stir, scraping bottom of pan to scramble the eggs. Add one cup of the cheese and continue cooking and stirring. Remove from heat when eggs are cooked to desired consistency and cheese looks melty. Do NOT overcook. Evenly sprinkle remaining cup of cheese over top of eggs. Cover and keep warm until potato waffles finish cooking.
- When waffles are done cut into fours following the compartment lines of waffle maker. Put each quarter waffle on a plate. Put equal portions of the cooked eggs on each waffle with the melted cheese side up.
- Put a spoonful of Salsa in center of cheese and repeat with other plates. Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons of the chopped fresh cilantro over top of each plate. Serve hot.
- Makes 4 hearty, delicious servings.
- If desired pass extra salsa in a bowl.
Wow!!! What an awesome recipe!! DELICIOUS!!
Very creative use of the potatoes. Excellent.
Beautiful, simple and delicious...love the cilantro!