5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Potatoes and eggs go so well together that it seemed natural to form the "tortilla" out of potatoes for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns and 3 beaten eggs.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- 3Divide potato mixture into 4 equal portions.
- 4Place 2 portions side by side in prepared skillet and flatten. Cook 3 – 4 minutes until bottom is golden brown. Turn and continue cooking an additional 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Remove from skillet, place on plate and cover to keep warm.
- 5Add an additional ½ tablespoon oil to skillet and repeat process.
- 6Add remaining 1 ½ tablespoon oil to skillet, and over medium heat fry remaining 4 eggs to taste.
- 7Top each Potato “Tortilla” with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 2 tablespoons salsa and place one egg of top of each Potato “Tortilla.”.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Huevos Rancheros on Potato “Tortillas” #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.7
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 332.9 mg
- Sodium 330.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 11.7 g