Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Potatoes and eggs go so well together that it seemed natural to form the "tortilla" out of potatoes for this recipe.
- Mix together Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns and 3 beaten eggs.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Divide potato mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Place 2 portions side by side in prepared skillet and flatten. Cook 3 – 4 minutes until bottom is golden brown. Turn and continue cooking an additional 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Remove from skillet, place on plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add an additional ½ tablespoon oil to skillet and repeat process.
- Add remaining 1 ½ tablespoon oil to skillet, and over medium heat fry remaining 4 eggs to taste.
- Top each Potato “Tortilla” with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 2 tablespoons salsa and place one egg of top of each Potato “Tortilla.”.