Recipe by theuplinker
This recipe is from a restaurant I worked at in North Central Florida called Down to Earth.
- 8 -10 eggs, 1 per serving
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 medium firm tomatoes, chopped fine
- 4 medium green onions, chopped fine
- chopped mixed vegetables
- shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese
- 8 -10 corn tortillas, 1 per serving
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (6 ounce) container sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat refried beans in a skillet to taste.
- Combine chopped vegetables in a bowl.
- Spread refried beans on a corn tortilla in a layer of about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
- Place a layer of finely chopped vegetables on top of the refried beans.
- In a skillet, fry one egg, sunny-side up.
- Place egg on top of vegetables and beans.
- Lightly sprinkle the egg with cheese.
- Place tortilla under a hot broiler for approximately 30 to 45 seconds, or until the yolk glazes and the cheese is melted.
- Top with a tablespoon or two of the salsa mixture and crown it with a dollop of sour cream.