Recipe by Pinay0618
This is one of those great breakfast casseroles you can prepare the night before and just pop in the oven the next morning.
Top Review by SarasotaCook
Great dish! Easy, tasty and just good!
I served it with fresh avocado slices and a little sour cream and enjoyed it for brunch.
I made Mexican Mimosas and served it with fresh melon in a spicy mint dressing. YUMMY!
Thx for a nice easy recipe.
- 5 small corn tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely shredded colby-monterey jack cheese, blend
- 1⁄2 lb smoked cooked chorizo sausage, coarsely chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 8 inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place 4 tortillas in bottom of dish, overlapping as necessary, about 1/2 to 1 inch up sides of dish. Cut the last tortilla in half, and then into strips.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese over tortillas in dish. Top with chorizo, chiles and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Arrange tortilla strips over cheese.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, oregano and red pepper; beat well. Pour over mixture in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; press lightly into egg mixture.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350. Bake covered casserole 30 minutes.
- Uncover, bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa.