Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another I-must-try-this-soon recipe from the Hodgson Mill Baking Book. It sounds delicious!
- 1 (16 ounce) boxhodgson mill whole grain jalapeno cornbread mix
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 4 large eggs, softly scrambled
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper, and
- green bell pepper
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour mix into bowl. Add milk, eggs, and oil. Stir together for 1 minute,.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread to cover pan.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Spread salsa over warm crust, then spoon on scrambled eggs and bell pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with cilantro and cut, then serve.