Recipe by BothFex
Another winner from my MIL- this is a brunch favorite and so simple to make with pantry staples. This doubles and triples well.
Top Review by Chef Doolittle
I make this on almost a weekly basis now; it's one of our favorites! It's sooo easy and fast, plus delish. Way better than other huevos rancheros I've had. To avoid the soggy chips, I leave mine on the side and scoop with them instead. LOVE THIS!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (not cayenne)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried minced parsley
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and add onion, garlic, marjoram, chili powder, salt, pepper, parsley, and tomato sauce.
- Simmer for a few minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Carefully crack eggs into the sauce, cover pan and allow eggs to poach (cooking just a few minutes until whites are set).
- Serve over tortilla chips.
- *Note:if sauce looks too thick, you can add a bit of water to the pan before adding eggs.