Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is very quick and very easy. I eat this for breakfast at least once a week it is so tasty. the canned tomatoes with green chilies gives it a little kick. ENJOY!
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml diced zucchini (optional)
- 118.29 ml diced green bell pepper
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 396.89 g canundrained diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 4-8 corn tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 59.16 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet (lid needed) on medium heat.
- Add zucchini and bell pepper and sauté 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add in canned tomatoes, salt, and cumin.
- Stir and heat through.
- Meanwhile, heat up tortillas in microwave according to package directions.
- Break egg into small cup or bowl.
- Slide egg on top of tomato mixture.
- Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Cover and cook until eggs are done, or break yolks when half cooked, cover until done.
- Sprinkle cheese over eggs, cover until melted.
- Serve one egg and 1/2 cup tomato mixture on top of one or two tortillas.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoons cilantro on each serving.
This is fantastic. I added black beans and white corn, dropped the zucchini. I also put it over a bed of hash browns, instead of tortillas. I make the tomato/chilis/black beans/corn ahead of time and freeze it, then pull it out when we go camping. It's a great "stick to your ribs" breakfast!
This may very well be my new favorite breakfast. . .LOVE it. And so easy. I skipped the green peppers and zucchini to make it even more simple. Also used a flour tortilla which I crisped up in oil for about 1 minute. Thanks for a meal I will make time and time again!!!!! UPDATE: I made this again yesterday and subbed red bell pepper for the green pepper and subbed mushrooms for the zucchini and it was quite yummy.
My wife loved and I thought it was very good. We skipped chili peppers and added green onion.