Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
The yummiest, easiest huevos rancheros you'll ever taste! Yes, my little ones eat this too! You can adjust the spicyness of this one easily. We make this as a Christmas morning tradition! Frying your own corn tortillas is key to this recipe! Also, be sure to not over cook your eggs!!!!! Over Easy! It totally adds to the sauce and brings all the flavors together! Oh, one last thing, the Queso Cojita is a must also! Use regular cheese at your own risk! ;-) It's easy to find.... at least here in Az. It's in an airtight, circular package. VERY AUTHENTIC tasting!!!
- 6 -8 corn tortillas
- 6 -8 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) canranchero style black beans
- 1⁄4 cup diced white onion
- queso Cotija cheese (mexican cheese)
- el pato tomato sauce
- 2 avocados
- cilantro, as garnish (optional)
- corn or vegetable oil
- In medium saucepan, saute onion till soft, add beans (undrained) cook on med. heat.
- Heat oil on med.- high heat in a skillet.
- Fry tortillas till crisp, about 2-3 min on each side -- nobody likes soggy tortillas.
- Turn down heat a bit! Using leftover oil from same pan, fry eggs over easy, about 2 minutes, then flip, then only 1 minute more! If you need to add a little more oil, do it. It's easier to flip the eggs without breaking the yolk.
- Top tortillas with egg, El Pato, beans. Garnish with diced avacado & crumble Cojita cheese on top!
This was surprisingly simple to make and very good.
This made a nice breakfast! I did use flour tortillas, as that's what I had on hand. Thanks! Made for PAC event March 2011.