Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This Mexican, "ranch style" breakfast comes from The Australian Women's Weekly cookbook, Cafe Favourites. You can serve it with some Tabasco sauce, or some hot chilli sauce, if you want to heat it up a bit!
- 500 g chorizo sausage, sliced into thick diagonal slices
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 20 g butter
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
FRESH TOMATO SALSA
- 2 small tomatoes, finey chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Make fresh tomato salsa.
- Cook chorizo on heated grill plate until well browned. Drain on absorbant paper; cover to keep warm.
- Whisk eggs and cream in medium bowl. Melt butter in medium frying an; cook egg mixture over low heat, stirring gently, until creamy.
- Meanwhile, place tortillas on oven tray, sprinkle with cheese; warm in oven until cheese melts.
- Divide tortillas among serving plates; top with egg, chorizo, and salsa.
- FRESH TOMATO SALSA:.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, vinegar, and oil in small bowl; cover, stand 15 minutes. Stir in coriander just before serving.
This was a great breakfast meal, we really enjoyed it for breakfast this morning with toast and tea. I used my own homemade salsa I had just made with tomatoes out of my garden. I also made 1/2 of the recipe using eggbeaters for dietary reasons and it worked wonderfully. thanks
This was very good! I used some leftover homemade salsa since their was no point in making more. For ZWT7 Silverados.