Recipe by bluemoon downunder
Serve these for lunch, as a snack or as an appetiser. From the Australian Women's Weekly's 'little pies & cakes'.
Top Review by Merlot
What a great way to serve Huevos Rancheros!!! This is perfect for a brunch or as an appetizer. Makes a lovely presentation and oh how tasty. Thanks for sharing ANOTHER great recipe, bluemoon downunder.
- 6 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 125 g kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 1 small tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 small avocado, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced/400°F/6 gas mark; grease a six-hole (3/4-cup/180ml) texas muffin pan.
- Soften the tortillas according to the manufacturer's instructions; gently press one tortilla into each pan hole to form a cup.
- Combine the beans, salsa, tomato and coriander in small bowl; divide half the bean mixture among the tortilla cups; break one egg into each cup; sprinkle each with cheese.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until the eggs are cooked.
- Meanwhile, stir the avocado and lime juice into the remaining bean mixture.
- Serve the huevos rancheros topped with the avocado mixture.
- NOTES: you can also serve the huevos rancheros with sour cream and lime wedges.