Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Serve these for lunch, as a snack or as an appetiser. From the Australian Women's Weekly's 'little pies & cakes'.
- 6 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 125 g kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 1 small tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 small avocado, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced/400°F/6 gas mark; grease a six-hole (3/4-cup/180ml) texas muffin pan.
- Soften the tortillas according to the manufacturer's instructions; gently press one tortilla into each pan hole to form a cup.
- Combine the beans, salsa, tomato and coriander in small bowl; divide half the bean mixture among the tortilla cups; break one egg into each cup; sprinkle each with cheese.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until the eggs are cooked.
- Meanwhile, stir the avocado and lime juice into the remaining bean mixture.
- Serve the huevos rancheros topped with the avocado mixture.
- NOTES: you can also serve the huevos rancheros with sour cream and lime wedges.
What a great way to serve Huevos Rancheros!!! This is perfect for a brunch or as an appetizer. Makes a lovely presentation and oh how tasty. Thanks for sharing ANOTHER great recipe, bluemoon downunder.
I had never made or eaten Huevos Rancheros before so was unsure of the combination of salsa and eggs. I'm a convert now :) These were easy to make and looked so cool in the tortilla cups. We both really enjoyed this for brunch yesterday. Thanks so much for posting Bluemoon! Made exactly as written for ZWT5.
We enjoyed this. I followed the recipe exactly except I didn't have any lime juice. We used to live in south texas and this breakfast took us back. Thanks for a yummy breakfast that I know we will repeat. Made for gimme 5.