Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is so simple I feel guilty calling it a recipe, but it sure is delicious. This is my breakfast staple going on 3 years now.
- Set oven to broil (500F).
- Spray large frying pan with cooking spray, or heat oil. On medium heat, LIGHTLY fry tortilla on both sides. Tortilla should be slightly browned, but not crispy. Set aside on oven safe plate.
- Respray frying pan, and fry eggs until bottom of whites are just cooked. Add 1 tbsp water to pan and cover with lid. cook eggs approx 30-40 seconds. Eggs should be opaque, but not completely cooked.
- Transfer eggs on top of tortilla.
- Spread salsa on top of eggs. Be careful not to break the yolks.
- Add several dashes of hot sauce (optional).
- Cover with grated cheese.
- Place under broiler for approx 5 minutes (time will vary with different ovens). Remove when cheese is thoroughly melted, and tortilla and cheese are both suficiently browned.
a lovely spicey breakfast, totally enjoyed it
Loved this breakfast! Easy to make and delicious. I made just as specified, being generous with the hot sauce. I was afraid that 5 minutes under the broiler would be too much but it was just right. Thanks for posting this yummy recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009
Really good breakfast. Added a little extra cheese and salsa, but didn't change anything else. This will be a regular on our breakfast menu. Great eye appeal as well as taste makes this a great breakfast for guests as well. Thanks for posting Lazarus.