Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was taught this method by our maid when we lived in Guadalajara during the '60's. Makes a wonderful breakfast or light dinner
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup refried beans
- 12 eggs
- 6 corn tortillas
- 6 tablespoons mild oil
- salt and pepper
- In a pan heat two Tbsp of oil.
- Add the chopped onion, tomatoes, jalapeno and garlic.
- Cook until reduced.
- Add some water and reduce again.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- In a frying pan heat 2 Tbsp of oil and fry the tortillas to a crisp yet soft texture and set aside and keep warm.
- Warm the refried beans.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the eggs to your taste.
- For each serving spread a tortilla with refried beans, top with two eggs and they pour sauce over.