Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Awesome recipe for rancheros--at least I think so..:) Enjoy.
- 6 eggs
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mash garlic, oregano and chilies.
- Mix with stewed tomatoes and onions.
- Sauté in 1 tbsp of canola oil.
- Add tomato sauce and let simmer till thickened.
- In another pan, fry each tortilla until soft, but do not brown.
- Cook the eggs as desired (poached, scrambled, fried).
- Carefully place each egg on each tortilla.
- Pour sauce over each egg.
We enjoyed this for brunch this week and we will be enjoying it again. A great combination of heat and flavor. I didn't change up the recipe at all, and it came out just right.