Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My version of this yummy classic (fairly authentico!).
Make and share this Huevos Rancheros recipe from Food.com.
- 6 eggs
- 6 corn tortillas
- 6 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 cup shredded cheese (preferrably Monterey or Cheddar)
- 1 (7 ounce) can ranchera sauce, warmed (I prefer Herdez brand)
- vegetable oil
- I recommend using a 10 inch non-stick frying pan.
- Pour enough vegetable oil into the pan to fully cover bottom of pan. Heat on medium-high until oil hot.
- One at a time, put in a tortilla and lightly brown. About a minute per side.
- After removing, place on a paper towel to drain. Depending on how many you're making, you may want to have oven on 200 & place in there to keep warm.
- Add oil as needed to keep bottom of pan covered.
- After tortillas are all fried, turn down the heat to medium and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the eggs to the oil. I usually fry 3 at once in this size pan. If you want runny yolks, fry until whites brown around the edges and remove. If you want firm yokes, when the whites brown around the edges, gently turn over using a slotted spatula or spoon.
- Assembly: On plate(in this order), place one tortilla, bacon (cut each slice in half & arrange in an "X" formation), egg, cheese and Ranchero.
- If you want to make a little spicier serving, after frying the tortillas you can dip each in ranchero sauce before assembly.
This makes a wonderful breakfast. I never heard of Huevos Rancheros using bacon but we LOVED it. Can't wait to make it agbain. Thanks for sharing, Chez Arnow.
Nice easy version of Huevos Rancheros. I fried my bacon first , took out some of the bacon grease and then fried the tortillas in the remaining grease. I wanted my cheese melted so combined it with the ranchero sauce and broiled it for a few minutes served it hot around my eggs ThanksChez Arnow for a lovely Sunday Brunch