Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Once upon a time I lived in Colombia for a year. This was my favorite breakfast there. Serve with buttered toast and cafe con leche (coffee with hot milk). This recipe duplicates that taste memory for me. I once had this with some chopped fresh spinach leaves sauteed with the vegetables, and that was very nice, but that is not how it is normally served. You can use diced yellow onion instead of the green onion if you prefer.
- 9.85 ml butter
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, sliced thin
- 4 eggs, beaten with fork
- 29.58 ml milk
- Heat olive oil and butter in skillet.
- Saute diced tomato and green onion until liquid from tomato evaporates.
- Sprinkle a little salt over cooked vegetables in pan.
- Add milk to 4 eggs and beat slightly with a fork.
- Add eggs to pan and scramble them over medium heat until done.
- Add salt and pepper.
Tasty eggs! I used yellow onion instead of green and I like the flavor boost that the tomatoes and onion add to plain scrambled eggs. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2013