Recipe by Heirloom Tomato
Once upon a time I lived in Colombia for a year. This was my favorite breakfast there. Serve with buttered toast and cafe con leche (coffee with hot milk). This recipe duplicates that taste memory for me. I once had this with some chopped fresh spinach leaves sauteed with the vegetables, and that was very nice, but that is not how it is normally served. You can use diced yellow onion instead of the green onion if you prefer.
Top Review by Anonymous
Love huevos pericos! Grow up eating them, my daughter wants to make them for her boyfriend and just call to ask for the recipe, I had make those thousand times, but decide to search for a recipe to send, your is the best! I did insist on the green onions, prefer the flavor with it, thanks!
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, sliced thin
- 4 eggs, beaten with fork
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil and butter in skillet.
- Saute diced tomato and green onion until liquid from tomato evaporates.
- Sprinkle a little salt over cooked vegetables in pan.
- Add milk to 4 eggs and beat slightly with a fork.
- Add eggs to pan and scramble them over medium heat until done.
- Add salt and pepper.