1/1 Photo of Huevos Pericos (Colombian Scrambled Eggs)
Heirloom Tomato's Note:
Once upon a time I lived in Colombia for a year. This was my favorite breakfast there. Serve with buttered toast and cafe con leche (coffee with hot milk). This recipe duplicates that taste memory for me. I once had this with some chopped fresh spinach leaves sauteed with the vegetables, and that was very nice, but that is not how it is normally served. You can use diced yellow onion instead of the green onion if you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil and butter in skillet.
- 2Saute diced tomato and green onion until liquid from tomato evaporates.
- 3Sprinkle a little salt over cooked vegetables in pan.
- 4Add milk to 4 eggs and beat slightly with a fork.
- 5Add eggs to pan and scramble them over medium heat until done.
- 6Add salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Huevos Pericos (Colombian Scrambled Eggs)
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.5
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 384.2 mg
- Sodium 186.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 13.6 g