This is oh so simple, but so necessary if you are making Huevos Rancheros! No butter please! Locate the best eggs...... look for ground raised because the yolks are so wonderful. I make them two eggs at a time so use my "dozen" as a general measure for 6 people.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 dozen egg
- 1 cup lard or 1 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat the lard or oil in a heavy skillet.
- 2Carefully break two eggs into the pan.
- 3With a spatula splash the whites with the hot fat until the whites are done and the yolks still liquid.
- 4Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 5Serve as is or use with my recipe for Huevos Rancheros.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Huevos Fritos (Fried Eggs)
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.5
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 42.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 404.7 mg
- Sodium 123.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 11.0 g