Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was hungry one morning and decided to try something different, this was made from random stuff I found in the fridge ;)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 oscar mayer all beef hot dogs, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- monterey jack pepper cheese
- Start by sweating the onion and garlic in a small skillet.
- When they are translucent add in the salsa and hotdogs.
- Crack the eggs over the top, letting them cook through.
- place slices of cheese on top and cover until cheese melts.
- Flip it all onto a plate and enjoy!
This was an awesome breakfast to cook . I subbed quartered salami at the last minute, used 2 Tbsp Newman's Own salsa, 2 extra large eggs, skipped the cheese. The house smelled wonderful. Thank you for sharing.
In keeping with the "clean out the fridge" theme, I threw in some left over linguine and some corn. This breakfast will stick to your ribs.
I love "clean the fridge" recipes and your fridge sounds similar to mine. Loved this recipe it is so tasty. I used only 2 eggs but that was the only change. Eggs cooked and cheese melted in about 4 minutes with the salsa mixture bubbling under them. Served with 3 warm Corn Tortillas. Thanks Adam - I will have these again.