Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Purslane/verdolagas is an invasive weed in many gardens. It's saving grace is that the best way to control it is to eat it. This vegetable green used in many Latin American countries. It is also popular as a salad green in France and other European countries, having similar taste and consistency to watercress. Verdolaga is also valued in Latin America for its medicinal properties. Purslane should be thoroughly washed and drained before using. Courtesy of the Chicago Examiner.
- Heat oil on medium high heat in a medium-sized skillet.
- Add onion and purslane and sauté for several minutes until onions begin to soften and purslane wilts slightly.
- Add in eggs and stir gently to keep from sticking as with scrambled eggs.
- Continue cooking until egg curds are firm.
- Season with salt, to taste.
- Serve hot with a salsa of your choice and a side of warm corn tortillas.