Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "The South American Cookbook" by Cora and Bob Brown.
- 4 eggs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- splash vinegar
- Hard-cook eggs, in boiling water until done, about 10 minutes; drain and rinse under cold water to make them easier to peel.
- Halve eggs and combine yolks with melted butter and season with salt; replace yolks in egg whites and place in a baking dish.
- Place eggs in a 350 degree F oven for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, over medium heat, cook tomatoes and onions, until onions are tender and a rich tomato sauce is achieved; season with salt and pepper and a splash of vinegar.
- Pour tomato sauce over eggs and serve.4.