Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "The South American Cookbook" by Cora and Bob Brown.
Make and share this Huevos Con Salsa De Tomate (Paraguayan Eggs With Tomato Sauce) recipe from Food.com.
- Hard-cook eggs, in boiling water until done, about 10 minutes; drain and rinse under cold water to make them easier to peel.
- Halve eggs and combine yolks with melted butter and season with salt; replace yolks in egg whites and place in a baking dish.
- Place eggs in a 350 degree F oven for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, over medium heat, cook tomatoes and onions, until onions are tender and a rich tomato sauce is achieved; season with salt and pepper and a splash of vinegar.
- Pour tomato sauce over eggs and serve.4.