Think out of the box; not just for breakfast. Serve for dinner or lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb bulk chorizo sausage, fresh not cured
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo or 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup Mexican crema or 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- avocado, chopped (optional)
- cilantro, coarse chopped (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Place potatoes, onion and chorizo in a skillet. Cook until chorizo is brown and crumbly and potatoes are not quite cooked through; drain.
- 3Divide mixture evenly between four ovenproof bowls (5" cast iron skillets work great). Break an egg, being careful not to break yolk, into each bowl on top of mixture. Place bowls on a baking sheet. Bake uncovered, for 18-20 minutes or until eggs reach desired doneness.
- 4Serve each dish topped with 1 tablespoon pico de gallo, 1 tablespoon crema, 1 tablespoon queso fresco. Garnish with chopped avocado and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Huevos Con Chorizo Y Papas
Serving Size: 1 (576 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 668.9
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 235.9 mg
- Sodium 850.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 28.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pico de gallo