Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
Think out of the box; not just for breakfast. Serve for dinner or lunch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb bulk chorizo sausage, fresh not cured
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup pico de gallo or 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup Mexican crema or 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- avocado, chopped (optional)
- cilantro, coarse chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Place potatoes, onion and chorizo in a skillet. Cook until chorizo is brown and crumbly and potatoes are not quite cooked through; drain.
- Divide mixture evenly between four ovenproof bowls (5" cast iron skillets work great). Break an egg, being careful not to break yolk, into each bowl on top of mixture. Place bowls on a baking sheet. Bake uncovered, for 18-20 minutes or until eggs reach desired doneness.
- Serve each dish topped with 1 tablespoon pico de gallo, 1 tablespoon crema, 1 tablespoon queso fresco. Garnish with chopped avocado and cilantro.