Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this on the back of an Ore-Ida Potatoes O'Brien pkg. We love this type of hasbrown because it has the onion and green pepper in with the frozen potatoes and we don't have to add them. I did add some diced green chilies (the smaller can, I think it was 3 oz. or something like that). It makes a really good breakfast and the kids can wrap them in a napkin and take them with them. I have added cooked crumbled bacon to them too. That is good!!
- 2 cups ore-ida frozen potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup pace brand salsa (or use your favorite, this is mine)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 4 (6 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add potatoes in an even layer and cook for about 6 minutes, stirring every 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle chili powder over potatoes and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, salsa and green onions.
- Add egg mixture to skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes or until eggs are as set as you like them/tirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- To serve, spoon about 2/3 c of potato mixture down center of each warmed tortilla and roll up lightly.
- Garnish with additional salsa, sour cream and even guacamole if desired.
- Don't forget to add the cooked bacon before you roll up if desired and add about 2 tablespoons of Monterey Jack cheese as well before rolling.