TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
While on vacation in Nuevo Vallarta, on Banderas Bay, Mexico, I played around with ingredients on hand one morning and came up with this recipe for breakfast. I like it because it is nice twist on French Toast, (and it sounds pretty).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices texas toast whole wheat bread
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 fluid ounce dark rum
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 fresh pear, not peeled,seeds removed,sliced into 8 's
- 1 fresh lemon, juice of
- butter, for stove top cooking
- oil, for stove top cooking
- whipping cream or thawed Cool Whip, ready for use or Reddi-wip topping, if you prefer
- 1If using whipping cream, beat until stiff peaks form andset aside.
- 2BREAD: Cut in 1/2 and 1/2 again to create 8 square pieces and set aside.
- 3EGGS: Beat eggs well.
- 4Add amber rum.
- 5Beat again and set aside.
- 6PEARS: Dip sliced pears into lemon juice.
- 7Coat each slice well and set aside.
- 8Mix cinnamon powder and brown sugar and set aside.
- 9Dip bread squares in egg/rum mixture and coat well; be sure to use all the egg mixture.
- 10Heat oil and butter together.
- 11Cook bread to desired doneness and transfer to warm plates.
- 12Roll prepared pear slices in cinnamon and brown sugar mixture.
- 13Place sliced pears in melted butter and cook until browned on both sides.
- 14Arrange pear slices on cooked bread squares; one slice per piece.
- 15Top with whipping cream and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Huevos Banderas
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.9
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 221.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 9.4 g