1/2 Photos of Huevos Al Nido (Eggs in a Nest) Spanish
Montana Heart Song's Note:
You can make most of this recipe ahead of time. This is usually cooked on the stovetop. I have adapted to cook in the oven and then serve. It is a great breakfast meal. Two ways to serve 1. Separate the eggs, beat the whites, 2. Leave the eggs whole with the whites. Your preference. I use the hard dinner rolls that are very soft in the center, again your preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take each roll and cut a deep cap from the top of roll. Reserve the cap. With your fingers remove the bread from the inside of the roll. Do not break through the roll. Make sure these are the large rolls.
- 2Make enough cavity for the egg to fit.
- 3Reserve the bread.
- 4Warm the milk in the microwave.
- 5Divide the milk between the roll. Roll them around so the sides get coated with the milk.
- 6Add 1 tblsp butter to each roll.
- 7Optional: Add 1 tblsp taco seasoned hamburger.
- 8Drop the whole egg into the roll. Make sure the rolls are sitting flat.
- 9Option: Separate the eggs, and drop the yolk into each roll.
- 10Salt and pepper to taste.
- 11If eggs are separated, whip the whites in a metal bowl and add 1/2 tsp cream of tartar.
- 12Spoon the whites over the yolk evenly between the six rolls.(You may have more whites and may not use all of the whites.
- 13Place the caps back on the rolls.
- 14Preheat oven to 375*.
- 15Place the rolls on a flat baking pan.
- 16Baste the rolls, sides and tops with olive oil.
- 17Note: You may bake the tops separately on the sheet and not cover the rolls if you wish. Make sure you baste the bottoms of the tops if you bake separately.
- 18Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- 19Note: I like to take the reserved bread, crumble it, mix with shredded cheese and coat with a little olive oil in a saute pan for a couple of minutes and serve as a "topper".
- 20The eggs will look like they are still uncooked, they are -- do not overcook.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Huevos Al Nido (Eggs in a Nest) Spanish
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.6
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 244.3 mg
- Sodium 382.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 10.4 g