Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is Spanish. I like it because it is very easy and quick to make.
- chips (for one)
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 can chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 egg
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons green peas
- green peas
- 4 pieces chorizo sausage
- Fry chips until they are done.
- Mix tomato with oil, basil, thyme, chicken stock, sugar and salt and leave to simmer.
- Place chips in small oven dish and cover the chips with the sauce.
- Put on top of the sauce, on the side the bacon, the chorizo and the green peas and on the other side put the egg (once cracked open).
- Put in the oven until the egg has gone nearly brown.
Great! Yes widely served in Spain This served as a great dish for breakfast minus the bacon on one side of the dish so that all could eat! We added 4 eggs to a large round shallow baking dish. Thanks for posting!
My husband teaches Latin American and Spanish history so I wanted to suprise him with an authentic dish. He really enjoyed this and said that it reminded him of a resturant he used to eat at in Spain. Thanks for a great recipe:)