Recipe by Mamma Bug
A co-worker made this for us one morning, it was GREAT!! It travels well too!
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
This is a great basic recipe, made it for breakfast for me and DH when I needed something fast that he would enjoy and boy did this work. Only thing I did differant was not refrigerate overnight as didn't see that until I was making it. Let it sit for about 10 minutes was all and it still came out great - puffed up really pretty in the oven. I did make it in personal size pans for us and served with fresh salsa on top. Next time I think I'll try adding some chorizo (sp) sausage for extra flavor and maybe some chili powder or cumin.
- 6 flour tortillas, cut in 1/4s
- 7 ounces chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 lb grated monterey jack cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking oil spray.
- Cover bottom with 1/2 of the tortillas.
- Spread with 1/2 of green chilies.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese on top.
- Repeat layers.
- Combine eggs, milk, and salt.
- Pour over tortilla layers.
- Let stand overnight in refrigerator.
- Bake 30 minutes @ 350°.
- Cool and cut into squares.