Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a bread that we make before going on a canoe trip to the Boundary Waters. It's high carb & fiber but also sticks to your ribs. It's also known "colon blow" :-) Chocolate chips and raisins can be substituted for the M&M's.
- 9 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup Karo syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 ounces sliced almonds
- 12 ounces M&M's
- Mix all ingredients together by hand.
- Spray 2 jelly roll pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pack mixture into pan firmly.
- Bake at 325 for about 30 minutes. Pack again.
- When cooled cut into 4x4" squares.
- Store in milk cartons for travel.