Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from a food preservation Yahoo group I am on.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed huckleberries
- 3⁄4 cup cooked mashed rhubarb
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 ounce liquid pectin (one package)
- In a large saucepan, combine huckleberries, rhubarb, and sugar and mix
- well. Place over high heat and bring to a full boil.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in pectin. Alternately stir and skim for 5 minutes.
- Ladle into hot sterilized jars leaving a 1/4" headspace.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Adjust time according to altitude.