1/3 Photos of Huckleberry Preserves
Montana Heart Song's Note:
In Montana you wait for the huckleberries to get ripe, then you try to buy some to make this jam. They grow on West side of the Rockies. Then it is time for Jams, jellies, pies, ice cream, creams, it is a very small berry, dark purple to dark red and has a good taste.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 2 1/2 cups huckleberries and 1/3 cup water in a blender with the lemon zest. Blend until pureed. Add balance of huckleberries and 1/3 cup water and puree.
- 2In large stockpot, add pureed huckleberries,pectin,lemon juice and water.
- 3Stir constantly. Bring to a rolling boil. A boil that cannot be stirred down.
- 4Stir in Sugar. Stir until dissolved. Bring a full rolling boil. One that cannot be stirred down. Boil 1 minute exactly.
- 5Stir in margarine.
- 6Take off heat and skim any foam.
- 7Pour in hot sterilized jars.
- 8Wipe rims with a hot cloth and seal and band.
- 9Put in a hot water bath for 15 minutes.
- 10Take out on a toweled counter. Keep away from drafts until they seal.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Huckleberry Preserves
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 36.1 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: