Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
I don't know how available Huckleberries are in most areas, I've recently adopted this recipe and intend to make it. Back In Alberta, Canada there was a restaurant that was famous for their Huckleberry Pie. I think this one looks promising.
- 3 cups huckleberries or 3 cups frozen huckleberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 double crust pie crust
- 1 cup apple, Grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll half of pastry out on floured surface and place in 9" pie pan.
- Measure ingredients into a two quart mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Roll out remaining pastry and cover the fruit mixture.
- Crimp edges attractively and pierce all over with a fork to release the steam.
- Place pie on a cookie sheet and bake for about one hour or until nicely browned.