Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Chef Jamie Callison - delicious!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 5⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, finely minced
- 2 cups frozen huckleberries or 2 cups other desired berries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift all dry ingredients together.
- Cut in butter using food processor with blade attachment, pulsing about 15 times until the mix resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Mix sour cream, half and half, and orange together.
- Mix with dry ingredients.
- Fold in huckleberries.
- Spoon onto parchment paper and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake until golden (20-25 minutes).
These were awesome!!! People told me these were the best scones they ever had. I am lucky i live where huckleberries grow wild! I did go ahead and use the juice from the orange, mix it with some powdered sugar, cinnamon, and a dash of rum. It made a great icing to drizzle on top!