Huckleberry Honey Spice Cake
- In a mixer, cream together butter and sugars for about 3 minutes. Add honey and beat another minute.
- Add eggs yolks, one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and spices.
- Alternating, add 1/3 of dry ingredients to the mixer bowl, followed by ½ of the buttermilk. Add another 1/3 of the dry ingredients, the last of the buttermilk and then the last 1/3 of the dry ingredients.
- Move batter to a large mixing bowl. Clean your mixer bowl. Add egg whites and beat to stiff peaks. Fold into the batter.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9-inch cake pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes at 350°F Insert a knife to see if it comes out clean.