Huckleberry Hill Habanero Salsa
- Put peppers, tomatoes, onions and cloves in blender and pulse it to desired consistence. It should still have a coarse texture.
- Put the pulp with all the other ingridients in a large pot and stir well.
- Bring all to a boil and then let it simmer on low heat for at least 2 hours.
- If you want hot sauce too, put a lid on the pot. Cook for at least 2 hours. Strain the “mash”. Pour sauce in bottles. Fill jars with the pulp that is left in the strainer – that will make the salsa.
- If you just want the salsa, cook the batch without the lid, so the batch thickens as the liquid vapors away. Still cook at least 2 hours. In this case you have to occasionally stir. Fill the jars with your salsa.
- The hot sauce and/or salsa will keep fresh in the fridge for a year.
- The salsa can also be canned and be kept in a pantry.