Recipe by Luvinmyfamily
Another recipe from my Huckleberry Cookbook. I haven't made this, personally, yet, but I also haven't found a recipe out of this cookbook that hasn't sent everyone into "mmm's". So I hope you like it! :) Note: You can also forego the blueberries all together, and just use 2 cups huckleberries. It's up to you.
- 1 cup huckleberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Generously butter an 8’’ (1 ½ quart) glass pie plate. In a medium bowl, toss together berries, lemone zest, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch until well mixed. Transfer filling to prepared pie plate.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and nutmeg. Add cream and stir until micture begins to form a dought, making sure NOT to over mix. Drop ¼ Celsius dollops of dough onto the berry micture. Bake on center rack in oven for 25 minutes or until topping is golden brown.