Cook1 hr 30 mins
I know everyone has a recipe...but once, quite by accident my DH made this for dinner, making it up as he went along...he is now in charge of Meatloaf in our house!! It's a huge meatloaf, we love meatloaf sandwiches...and I have also used leftovers like added meat to spaghetti sauce!
- 3 -4 lbs lean ground beef (usually use 7% fat beef)
- 1 (7 3/4 ounce) canof el pato tomato sauce
- 1 cup catsup (eyeballed not exact measurement)
- 2 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) packageinstant cornbread stuffing mix, crushed fine (seasoning and all)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, chopped seeds and all
- catsup, for the top (optional)
- Mix all well.
- Place in 9X13 pan.
- We prefer flat and square but can also do it as a large loaf.
- Spread catsup on top of meatloaf.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approx 1 1/2 hours.
- (until desired doneness).