Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My husband has started creating his own wonderful low-fat recipes and this one is delish! Fabulous for breakfast. He actually uses just shy of 1/4 cup of applesauce, but I couldn't figure out how to note that!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup mixed dried berries
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl mix the milk, the egg, the applesauce, the oil, and the vanilla.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl combine the flour, wheat germ, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the wet to the dry, mixing just until combined.
- Add the dried berries and just mix until combined.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until brown.
These were quite tasty! I used dried cranberries, and some pecans. Also added a bit of cinnamon. Thanks!
These are so good. If you're used to making low fat muffins you'll love them. I used frozen berries instead of dried and they turned out great. My favorite part is the honey.
Yummy muffins...I particularly liked the mixture of the honey and wheat germ in the batter!! I used a combo of all-purpose and whole wheat flours and dried cherries. I will definitely make these again and use all sorts of other berry types but I really want to try them with chopped nuts next -(that's how much I like the nutty flavor of the batter...make the whole muffin just a honey nut treat...YUMMY!!) Thanks for sharing ladypit and Thanks to your Hubby too!!