Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The ULTIMATE homemade chocolate chip cookie. Hubby says these are better than sex. I'll let you be the judge.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour (I use Pillsbury)
- Combine first 4 ingredients and mix well.
- Add next 3 ingredients and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Add flour and mix well.
- I use my hands for this.
- Refrigerate cookie dough while you heat your oven to 350°F.
- Once oven is heated, roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 1/2- 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the tops a just starting to brown.
- Don't overcook.
- Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 1 minute.
- Transfer onto waxed paper until cool.
- Store in an air tight container, or cookies may be frozen then reheated.
OK, well, I guess your hubby must have a really poor sex life cause these are definitely not better than sex...waaaaaaaay too much salt.
I changed this up quite a bit, but the recipe itself really struck me as one I'd enjoy. I used splenda sugar blend for the granulated, but left the brown sugar alone, because I KNOW how much it does for a recipe. For the oil, I used 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 cup applesauce. And, because I was running low on flour, the 1/3 cup ended up being whole wheat, which isn't even detectable. At first read, I thought maybe your hubby just needed to see some new lingerie, but after the first bite, I can see his point. :D Thanks so much for my new favorite cookies! I'm even going to get up early and throw a few in for my son's teachers tomorrow.
My picky son gives this 12 out of 5 stars! With the canola oil, the dough was pretty soft (I let my dough chill overnight to control the spread). I did have to let them stay in the oven an extra minute or two. Either fresh from the oven or the next day, the cookies remained soft, chewy and tasty!