Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is my husband's favorite chicken. It's probably his favorite comfort food, served with mashed potatoes.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 jar dried beef
- Wrap each chicken breast in a slice of bacon.
- Line a baking dish with the jar of dried beef and place the breasts on top.
- Mix together the sour cream and soup and"seal" the top of the chicken with it.
- Cover in foil and bake on 275 for 3 hours.
- Do not uncover during baking.
This was a very good, simple dinner, I used golden mushroom soup, it was all I had. This dish has a unique smokey flavour, it also made a very large amount of gravy, I served it over buttered noodles and made baby peas with it. I did make six breasts and it was devoured by a very hungry marine and a growing boy, I got one too, but I had to be quick! I will look foreward to making this again soon.
i used golden mushroon soup and have used turkey pastrami and also turkey bacon also use low fat sour cream. it is truly delicous, good enough for company, but easy enough for every day.
I just made this for Sunday dinner and it is fantastic. I didn't tell my husband what I was making and the aroma tormented him the whole time it was in the oven. We eat very little red meat, so I substituted turkey pastrami for the dried beef and it was still delicious. Five stars for sure.