Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I ran out of bottled tartar sauce one day and thought... hey why don't I just make some? So I searched and searched on Zaar but every recipe had some things I liked, and some I didn't so after some tweaking... this is my attempt at the perfect sauce. Please enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a container with lid in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Give container a shake before serving and enjoy!
- Note - I didn't drain the relish like other recipes and I used bottled lemon juice (yes I know it's not the same -- but it's easier!) & I don't think the seasoned salt is crucial so you can certainly omit it, but I think it adds a nice flavor.
I was out of tartar sauce so looked it up on Food.com and found this recipe. I made it and my family loved this sauce. Thanks for posting. : )