Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Almost called this Squashalsauce it's such a great accompaniment to pork chops. This was easy and could also be done with a butternut squash or pumpkin. The curry is up to you. 3/4 of the family felt it improved it, but unfortunately didn't know my husband didn't like the stuff. I prepared my hubbard squash a week earlier (baked it whole with a lid cut out on the top for 2 hours) and froze it in baggies, but you can also use canned pumpkin.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 small apples, chopped
- 3 cups hubbard squash
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 dash curry
- Slowly cook onions in butter, add the apples and cook until soft.
- Add squash and allow to sweat if necessary.
- Add broth to cover veggies and the sprig of rosemary.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove rosemary.
- Wisk the four and milk together and add to the pot and stir until the soup bubbles again for a minute.
- When all is soft and cooked through use your stick blender or regular blender to puree the soup smooth.
- Add curry to taste and serve.